Property Lawyer in Italy
Our property lawyers do all the background checks on the property, and manage relations with the notary and broker/seller to ensure the real estate purchase goes smoothly.
These are the steps you should follow when purchasing a property in Italy:
- If you need a mortgage, check with the bank to see if you are eligible. Foreigners without a local paycheck may have more difficulty getting a mortgage from an Italian bank.
- Find the property.
- Perform the property checks before you make any down payment.
- For a mortgage: the bank needs to pre-approve you.
- You sign the pre-agreement and make a deposit. This pre-agreement sets the date for the closing.
- For a mortgage: the bank will send an appraiser to value the property.
- The closing is signed before a notary
- After the closing: make sure the utilities are put in your name, property taxes are paid, and that your new ownership of the property has been registered. You should also draw up a will in Italy, even if you already have one.
Incwell offers two services to represent you:
- Start Up Service covers everything up to the signed pre-agreement, including the necessary property checks.
- Full Service is our complete conveyancing package.
Please call us or fill out the form below for more information about our property service in Italy.