Immigration Lawyer in Italy
There are a number of ways to get residency in Italy. Our immigration lawyer will determine the best way for you to achieve residency in Italy.
These are the steps to immigrate to Italy via the most common method: the wealth visa (residenza elettiva):
- In your country of residence, send in your application to the Italian Consulate. The requirements may vary depeding on the country.
- Once a visa for the residenza elettivahas been granted, you may travel to Italy.
- Within 8 days after arrival in Italy, you must apply for the residency permit (Permesso di Soggiorno). You apply at a post office that has a Sportello Amico counter.
- The post office will give you an appointment with the Police Immigration Department (the Questura), and will pass on your application to them.
- You meet with the Questura, bringing your original applications and photos with you. The may ask for a second meeting if more documentation is required.
- After roughly a month, you will be notified that your residency permit is ready.
- You will need to renew your residency permit within 1 year, and every 2 years after that.
Please call us or fill out the form below for more information about our immigration service in Italy.