VAT Registration in France
France was the first country in the European Union to have VAT tax. The regulation is very strict as well as the procedures to comply.
There are several reasons why a foreign business must register with the French tax authorities for VAT. Some examples are:
- To import products into France.
- To apply for a VAT refund, if the business qualifies.
- To buy and sell goods in France for export overseas.
- To hold goods in a warehouse in France for longer than three months.
- To hold live exhibitions, events or training in France with paid admission.
- To sell goods to French consumers via online (legally called “distance selling”, i.e. internet, catalogues, etc).
- To open a corporate bank account.
- To acquire shares of a French company.
- To invest in property in France as a non-resident entity.
- To do business that does not require an establishment in France.
In order to do any of these, a legal and valid French tax ID is necessary. Incwell has broad experience obtaining VAT numbers in France for international companies.
Register your company in France to receive a French VAT number.
Trade goods smoothly throughout the EU by filing Intrastat reports.
Filing Intrastat Declarations
You can free up your internal controller by leaving this small but demanding task to us. To avoid any trouble with the entry and exit of goods from France, the Intrastat declarations must be filed on time and with the proper certificates.